Hollywood, California offers lots of exciting things to do. From the world-famous walk of fame on Hollywood Boulevard to well-kept secrets like, "Magic and Wine", there is no lack of amazing attractions in this town!
We've compiled a "Top Ten" list for you below. Whether you are a tourist or a local resident looking to discover something new, you'll find some fun ideas here to help you choose what to do in Hollywood.
Top 10 Things To Do In Hollywood:
10. Grauman's Chinese Theater - If you're going to see a movie in Hollywood, there is no better place than the beautiful Chinese Theater. Many celebrity events and movie premiers take place here, so check the link below to make sure that the theater is open when you plan to see a movie.
9. Universal Studios - Our top pick for family-friendly attractions, the studio has it's own theme park complete with tram tours and rides. A perfect place to take the kids!
8. Hollywood Bowl - A great place to see a concert in the summer time. The Hollywood bowl is an outdoor venue located in Hollywood. The summer schedule of events can be found below. What to do tip: Bring a jacket or sweatshirt.
7. Sunset Strip - If clubbing is your thing, there are countless bars and clubs along the Sunset Strip. It is the hub of Hollywood's nightlife scene.
6. Take a star tour - Ride on a guided bus tour as it drives by some of the homes of top celebrities. For tourists, this is one of the most common things to do in Hollywood.
5. Yamashiro Farmer's Market - During the summer months, Yamashiro Restaurant hosts a farmer's market with lovely views of the city, live music, etc.
4.Take part in a TV show taping - It's pretty easy to get into a TV show audience these days. If you want to watch a television show being made, you can find a link to tickets at the bottom of this page.
3. Hollywood Forever Cemetary - Visit the cemetary of the stars. On some nights they even play movies in the cemetary.
2. The Walk of Fame - With its star-studded sidewalks, Hollywood Boulevard is a world-famous attraction. As you stroll down the boulevard, you can look for the names of your favorite stars on the sidewalk. Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, James Dean, Jack Nicholson... they're all there. File this under free things to do in Hollywood.
1. Magic & Wine Tasting - If you'r visiting town and you don't have a way into the Magic Castle, don't despair. Magic and Wine with David Minkin is one of Hollywood's best-kept secrets. Inside the historic Avalon Theater a staircase leads up to a mysterious, candle-lit venue. Several times a month, this event is open to a small number of guests. It features wine tasting, hors doeuvres, and a magic performance by one of the world's premier magicians, who also happens to be one of the Magic Castle's finest. Get tickets in advance, as they always sell out.